Saturday, November 19, 2011

Collected images for Office Shoes


I adapted several pairs of shoes for the "shoe fly shoe" exhibition at The Next Gallery last summer and now those adaptations are at the Jacksonville International Airport in display cases on the concourses. So I decided to keep going with this idea... My shoes before have been sort of like landscapes- horses on the prairie, frogs in a pond, laundry hanging on an outdoor line, birds nesting in the grass... but my next pair will be an interior office scene with a filing cabinet, typewriter and lots of papers strewn about... To create miniature papers I dug into old interior design magazines and cut out documents and photos that were very small. I was seeking content and clarity. The picture above shows small cutouts pasted to sheets of paper to be photo-copied. I plan on cutting out the images from the photocopied sheets. I also spent about an hour or two (time escapes me when I get obsessive) making teeny tiny envelopes. I already have the perfect thrift store shoes (they're brown and boring) and the next phase will be the gluing. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment